reviving Fedora Legacy

Arjan van de Ven arjan at infradead.org
Mon Oct 13 15:26:22 UTC 2008

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:05:08 +0200
Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:

> In that case skipping some of the fedora release, like doing the LTS
> stuff only each year may help.

before solving the "how many" problem...
lets be realistic

1) Making every release LTS is not feasible, there's just not going to
be enough manpower for that (history has shown that) for now at least.
2) I don't think users would even really demand such a beast
3) The volunteer base is a bit thin; current fedora volunteers tend to
work on the latest version (or maybe two). In fact, so do many users.

I would suggest focusing on first getting ONE such LTS release going.
Figure out a plan on how to get out of it first (communication wise
etc) in case interest isn't what you expect, and how to monitor the
health. With that I suspect the fedora leadership will be happy to
endorse it happily.

Do one. Get that working. Don't even think about multiple until you
have gotten one down. You'll learn so much that it's not worth planning
beyond that.

--
Arjan van de Ven 	Intel Open Source Technology Centre
visit http://www.lesswatts.org