reviving Fedora Legacy

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Oct 13 20:22:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 04:00:47PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Yes. There's the defined release lifespan; anything of consequence
> will be maintained for that period.

You can say that but cannot give any guarantee.

> Neither is upgrading from TurboGears to Ruby on Rails and having your app
> work. If you started off by choosing the wrong tool, why would you expect
> an upgrade to something different to work?

I know about users for which Centos/RHEL is not right because it is too
old, fedora would suit them, if they had not to upgrade after one year.
Currently I have to propose them to install ubuntu, because there is
nothing in the fedora/RHEL market that suits them. Not enough power user
for fedora updates every year, need too recent stuff for RHEL. Another
category who be those who want to use a controlled set of next
technology preview in production environment and are willing to do some
testing and help with bugs, hence would have choosen fedora, but cannot
if they have to update each year.

--
Pat