reviving Fedora Legacy

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Mon Oct 13 20:50:32 UTC 2008

Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 15:12 +1300, Martin Langhoff wrote:

[...]

> > I don't think anyone would sign up as a user for such "support". LTS
> > is about a fairly specific promise that is very hard to commit to.

> How so? It would be a legacy effort, run by volunteers, no guarantees,
> no commitments.

So would that satisfy /you/ in very particular? You would come screaming
bloody murder when one fine summer day, out of the blue, the "LTS" you were
planning on using for a few months more until you are ready to migrate to
the Latest And Greatest announces it will stop out of boredom of its last
maintainers... or just /the/ package you depend on is left stranded for
lack of interest... or terrible security problems in some unmaintained
packages show up...
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513