[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 16:19:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 15:25 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> > This rationale contributes to me not to consider RHEL and CentOS, which
>> > is the rationale why I don't consider them to be replacements for a
>> > "Fedora LTS".
>>
>> So CentOS is non-free?
> CentOS is free as "free-beer", but CentOS is not free to take decisions
> on their own, because they depend on RHEL's sources.

Lets count how many angels dance on a pinhead...

Can I put any package into Fedora then? I mean if I wanted to put in a
package with EPOCH:MAXINT, provides: kernel, glibc, etc and just has a
%post rm -rf / I can add that into Fedora? Or would I be dependant on
Fedora packaging guidelines and packages?

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux