Status of libtool 2.2.X?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 13:34:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 3:35 AM, Karsten Hopp <karsten at redhat.com> wrote:

> My last rebuild showed only ~100 failures, I'm not sure what I've done
> differently
> this time. I suspect that the removal of libtool-ltdl and all related
> packages from
> my full-install might have caused this and I'm in the process of rebuilding
> those with libtool-2.
> I've uploaded the current logs to http://karsten.fedorapeople.org/
> After a quick glance at them I think that there are quite a few easy fixes,
> but I still
> have to find out what causes p.e. the cracklib failure.

Looking at the first few:

afflib: needs AC_PROG_CXX
amanda: aclocal not told where macros are, end up using old libtool m4 macros
aplus-fsf: needs AC_PROG_CXX
apr: script manually copying libtool files and getting it wrong (just
use autoreconf!)
avahi: needs AC_PROG_CXX
ax25-apps: looks like aclocal was run, but libtoolize wasn't, causing
mismatch between macros and ltmain.sh
bind: aclocal not told where macros are, end up using old libtool m4 macros
blackbox: needs AC_PROG_CXX
bmpx: needs AC_PROG_CXX
bzflag: needs AC_PROG_CXX
cairo-dock: needs AC_PROG_CXX
compat-db: libtool macros copied manually and getting it wrong
cracklib: yeah, failing on --tag=CC is very weird, especially when
configure.in seems completely reasonable

--
Dan