reviving Fedora Legacy

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Thu Oct 16 14:15:58 UTC 2008

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 07:48 -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
>
>> Why are you here if you have so little faith in Red Hat and their
>> alleged ulterior motives?
>>
> Who said I don't have faith in RH and their motives?
>
> They are a commercial enterprise and hardly wouldn't sponsor Fedora if
> they would not want to profit from it and if they wouldn't want to
> conduct it in directions they want it to head to?
>
> Yes, I feel bitter and frustrated about how Fedora evolves, yes, I was
> sarcastic, and yes, I am personally disappointed about Jesse Keating and
> some other FPB and FESCO folks.

...and it is completely normal and even useful situation. It is kinda
opposition. A people system without any opposition is dictatorship.

Former "Red Hat Linux" was very popular, and had become a much more
wider than just a RH project. There are people which use RH/Fedora
themselves -- ie. not buying some support, and not planning to buy such
a support at all. Some of those people are here.

The question is: Is it suitable to have a contributor in Fedora,  whose
activity never will bring direct money for RH? Just patches, testing
(including production environments) etc. only? What to do if he see that
something goes wrong? Just answer him, that he should leave?

~buc