minimum memory requirements

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 14:35:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 01:54:08PM +0300, Aioanei Rares wrote:
> x86_64 requires more disk space/RAM because of the libraries. But it
> still would be nice if we could come up with some idea to un-bloat
> various aspects in Fedora, aspects which attract a somehow negative
> image upon the distribution.

Indeed ... at my last job I routinely ran x86_64 Debian virtual
machines in 64 MB of RAM.

I'd bump them up to 128 MB or, on one occasion 256 MB of RAM, if they
were doing anything special, like running a medium-traffic webserver.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)