2008-10-16 - Fedora Test Day - Security Audit and Better LIRC Support

Jarod Wilson jarod at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 13:49:36 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 14 October 2008 16:34:55 James Laska wrote:
> Greetings folks,
>
> I'd like to invite testers and users to join #fedora-qa this Thursday,
> October 16, 2008.  Testing efforts will focus on:
>
>       * Security Audit
>       * Better LIRC Support
>       * Fedora 10 Beta snapshot#1
>
> Come with questions, bug reports, and/or suggested test areas.
>
> More details will be posted to
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/2008-10-16.

If you've got a laptop with a built-in IrDA port, that might also work with
LIRC via the lirc_sir module. If you've got an Intel Mac that shipped with an
Apple remote, you've also got a system that'll talk to LIRC.

If you happen to be in Red Hat's Westford office and have an interest in
beating on LIRC, but don't have a remote or a receiver, swing by my desk. I've
got a number of receivers and remotes I can loan out.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at redhat.com