None of the Above (was Re: Sendmail still default?)

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Oct 21 17:43:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com> wrote:

> And if we are going to worry about desktop experiences then perhaps making
> evolution not totally suck, fixing the way the desktop totally disintegrates
> when you run out of disk space, a working gdm again and a few other items
> would be far better use of time than macdinking with log delivery.

I agree there are some dire things broken in the desktop.  The disk
space one is particularly evil - we should have at least a
notification nowadays (http://cgwalters.livejournal.com/2008/02/09/).

However, startup speed is something that impacts nearly everyone and
is an immediately visible part of the interaction with the computer.
It makes sense to prioritize fixing it.