Rawhide install 10/21

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Wed Oct 22 14:52:11 UTC 2008

Tried doing an install last night (early this morning) after work, and
when getting to the network config screen, it still wouldn't accept a
static IP.  I had to change it to dhcp, then the next screen on what
source to install from, tried nfs and got some kind of yum type error (I
couldn't remember the exact error, sorry) and had to reboot.  I tried
again, this time first picking dhcp as default and using the http
default install and it went fine.  I thought I might have gotten an
error if I performed an nfs install again so I didn't try (thinking, the
2nd error was related to the network error or something).

Other than that, the install sent fine, cept the fonts (not sure of
size, 12, 14 maybe) on a lot of the screens was just a tad blurred for
me (on an nvidia chipset), whereas before they were fine.  I think this
may have to do with a change recently, as the screen resolution seemed
bigger than before and maybe had something to do with it?

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org