providing what they require

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 24 20:21:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 15:57 -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> Do we have a single case of something using config() in fedora?
> Hell, ANYWHERE? any distro at all?
>
> If not then maybe this is a feature that can take a long walk off a
> short pier?

Okay in F9 GA i686 there are 137K requires - 1126 of them are config()
requires. .8% - not huge but something - about 15K, gzipped of the
metadata.

For provides there are 40K in GA and 1127 config() provides. Again -
about 15K gzipped in the metadata. That's 2.7% of the provides.

It's not a huge win but it's 2 less items to go through per package.

Panu, how do you feel about taking config() requires/provides out back
and shooting them in F11?

-sv