libgdl-2.24.0: libgdl-gnome-1.so dropped

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 28 11:43:57 UTC 2008

>> Debarshi,
>>
>> gnome-build, anjuta are still broken in rawhide as of 20081016 and
>> I don't see any new builds in koji.  The development freeze is
>> coming in one day, can you please fix these builds ASAP as you
>> promised above before the freeze?

> Actually I had to go out of station over the weekend, and the libgdl
> build was done just before I left. I am back now, and have the Koji
> and Bugzilla links opened in the other browser tabs. Will push the
> builds today evening.

As far as I can see, anjuta has not yet been rebuilt:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1302

and still causing broken deps in rawhide... :-(

Does this require a new upstream version?  It's really not a good idea
to bump soname, and then leave the dependent packages to be broken for
about 5 days.  Either rebuild the dependent packags immediately after
pushing the soname, or wait until you have time to do them all at
once.

Alex