X on tty1 in Rawhide/F10

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 17:07:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 17:07 -0400, Will Woods wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> If you're running F10Beta/Rawhide, you may have noticed already, but I
> wanted to make sure everyone knows this is intentional:
>
> X HAS MOVED FROM VT7 TO VT1.

OK look. If you absolutely cannot deal with this DRASTIC change in
behavior:

1) add "start on started prefdm" to /etc/event.d/tty1
2) (GNOME) edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf and add
     FirstVT=7
   to the top of the file. Or:
   (KDE) edit /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc and set
     ServerVTs=-7
     ConsoleTTYs=tty1,tty2,tty3,tty4,tty5,tty6
3) Sigh contentedly at the restoration of your precious tradition.

If you use runlevel 3 + startx, nothing has changed.

Y'know, it took me all of 10 minutes to figure this out on my own. How
long has this thread gone on? I guess y'all have a lot of free time on
your hands? Because, hey, we've got this release coming out soon - maybe
you could help test it or something?

Just a thought.

-w

p.s.: