X on tty1 in Rawhide/F10

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 22:37:54 UTC 2008

Casey Dahlin wrote:

>> The user is the one that needs consistency.
>>
> Ctrl+Alt+F1 brings up the primary user interface. Sounds consistent to me.

It could have been, when you didn't have an existing user base.

>> But you find documentation by doing a google search. How do you plan
>> to replace all of that, along with the memory of people who read it
>> earlier?
>>
> You're right. Stop the release, we need to ship Red Hat 7.3 instead.

I'd actually like that very much, if you dropped in the security fixes
and some decent fonts.  I have a couple of machines that have never
crashed since that release and one that was up for over 4 years non-stop
until I had to move it.  When you can improve on that, you would have a
reason for change.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com