libgdl-2.24.0: libgdl-gnome-1.so dropped

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 23:46:35 UTC 2008

> As far as I can see, anjuta has not yet been rebuilt:
>
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1302
>
> and still causing broken deps in rawhide... :-(
>
> Does this require a new upstream version?  It's really not a good idea
> to bump soname, and then leave the dependent packages to be broken for
> about 5 days.  Either rebuild the dependent packags immediately after
> pushing the soname, or wait until you have time to do them all at
> once.

Since there are multiple packages contributing to broken dependencies
in Rawhide, and some of them don't get fixed for weeks (ruby-rpm comes
to my mind), I can not agree with the above rationale.

The reason Anjuta 2.23.x were not built and we directly jumped to
Anjuta 2.24 has been mentioned on the Trac ticket [1]. At this point
in the development cycle I wanted to be sure about Anjuta 2.24's
functionality before pushing it. 2.24.1 is already a bug fix release,
but if Rawhide users can unearth some more problems, I will gladly
take them up.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/888