Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 29 21:49:03 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> R P Herrold (herrold at owlriver.com) said:
>> Source for '1%' please? -- I simply don't believe it, having deployed and
>> managed 'homes' for thousands of users of Linux in NFS environments.
>
> Add together the number of Linksys routers sold, the number of T-Mobile G1
> users, the number of Tivos,

Those surely are running a customized distro with everything not in use
disabled, so I don't think they count. What's the percent out of
stock-Fedora-running machines?

> and the number of EEE PCs.

...but I might want NFS on my EEE :-). (Actually, given the abysmal size
of the SSD, that's a pretty big "might"...)

--
Matthew
EPUN: program terminated due to egregious wordplay