Fedora on EEE?

Pavel Shevchuk stlwrt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 00:02:13 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Matthew Woehlke
<mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> - Does Fedora know about multi-touch? (The default Xandros uses multi-touch
> for scrolling, not very reliable but still nice to have.)

Synaptics driver has multitouch for years. I used macbook-style two
finger scroll 3 years ago on my acer laptop. Check "man synaptics"

Pinch, swipe and other multifinger gestures are also supported by
driver but not yet implemented in applications, mostly because GTK/Qt
lacks proper abstraction for gestures. Highest level of abstraction
available so far is array of finger coordinates, not even their
movement vectors. It would be cool to have some API to track vectors
and common gestures to bind pinch to zoom and swipe to back/forward
etc.

--
http://scwlab.com