rawhide report: 20080829 changes

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 12:41:32 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 01:30:26PM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 21:17 +0200, Jindrich Novy wrote:
> > > Kernel works around this by having an additional build put through of
> > > arch "noarch", which is a setting at the koji level.  We only ever get
> > > one set of noarch build output.
> >
> > Would it be possible to teach koji the noarch subpackage paradigm so
> > that only one build is made? Maybe koji could then collect all the
> > binary rpms including noarchs and then compare contents of noarchs for all
> > arches. If the contents are same the build would pass otherwise fail.
>
> I don't think that will be possible.  We might be able to just import
> the first produced noarch subpackage and skip all the others.

This could be the easiest way to go. Packager would then be responsible for
differences if the content of noarch subpackage is dependent on
builder arch and affects somehow binary package functionality or e.g.
generated documentation.

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/