Fedora Security Tools spin

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 21:00:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 10:54:37AM +0530, Huzaifa Sidhpurwala wrote:

> Todd Zullinger wrote:
> > Huzaifa Sidhpurwala wrote:
> >> I just came across a knoppix security tool live CD and thought it
> >> would be a good idea for a security tool fedora spin too.
> >> The tools are freely available at:
> >>
> >> http://knoppix-std.org/index.html
> >> and are all GPLed?
> >>
> >> Do you guys think this is a good idea, I am sure such a spin does
> >> not exists in Fedora yet.
> >
> > Do you mean something like Luke Macken put together?
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LukeMacken/SecurityLiveCD
> >

> Yeah but more tools and more bare bones,
> Perhaps i can assist Luke in this?

Absolutely!

I'm in the process of rebasing the kickstart against the latest livecd
base, and I will be pushing it through the New Spin Process soon.

More tools?  Yes.  I want it to ship with every security tool in Fedora.
If you know of any that are missing from the list, please let me know.

More bare bones?  The current livecd is based off of the minimal
kickstart configuration, and uses openbox as opposed to GNOME.  If you
have any suggestions for making it more "bare bones", let me know.

luke