F10 Schedule

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Fri Sep 5 01:13:37 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham さんは書きました:
> Noriko Mizumoto (noriko at redhat.com) said:
>> Currently 'Feature freeze' and 'String freeze' are same day. This makes
>> no room for translators to work. If we could have the string freeze 5
>> days before the feature freeze, all translators would be happy to
>> complete their work.
>>
>> It would be much appreciated if you could once consider this matter.
>
> It's really best to bring this up when the schedule is made; at this point,
> you're essentially requesting that the feature freeze be two days ago,
> which isn't practical at this point.

I did not know when the schedule was made. I started to subscribe this
ML to notice the timing for F11. Please let me know if any other place I
should participate. So that we can discuss and bring up if any in the
future on time.

> We'll keep this in mind and try and do this for future releases. A reminder
> during F11 planning can't hurt.
>
> Bill

Thank you.
It was very painful to see some translation work was not included in the
previous release even though those translation was made on time of the
string freeze. Thus this request is critical for all translators.

All translators understand that many of maintainers are trying their
best to include our translation. I really appreciate their effort to
communicate us, thank you!

So just for kind reminder, could you **all maintainers please make sure
to re-package just after the string freeze date to include last minute
translation?

Thanks a lot
noriko