MinGW on Fedora - an update

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Fri Sep 5 13:40:59 UTC 2008

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 11:54:16AM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
>> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>>> Dan Berrange (in particular) and myself (a little) have done quite a
>>> bit more work on mingw in Fedora.
>>>
>>> We now have:
>>>  - automatic dependency generation
>>>  - automatic stripping of binaries
>>>  - a collection of RPM macros which simplify writing spec files
>>>  - ~10 working libraries
>>>
>>> Anyway, check out the development repository:
>>>  http://hg.et.redhat.com/misc/fedora-mingw--devel/
>>>
>>> Please read the README file first!
>> ETA into fedora?
>
> As Dan said, but don't let that stop you if you want to download and
> play with it, and send patches :-)  It's currently buildable on
> Rawhide, and possibly on earlier versions of Fedora too.

actually we use and older version of mingw on rhel:
http://www.lfarkas.org/linux/packages/redhat/5/i386/
which works, but i'd like to test these new packages too. for me it'd be
much better if you can upload somewhere your src.rpm files and i can try
to rebuild them on rhel-5 (and may be other win32 packages like openssl,
gdk, glib, gtk, etc.).