New mono SIG created

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 20:06:00 UTC 2008

Den 7. sep. 2008 20.31 skrev Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk>:

> Hi,
>
> If you are a user, packager or maintainer of any mono package, you may
> like to know that there is now a SIG devoted to Mono.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Mono
>
> I'm not quite sure yet how to set up a mailing list (I think it would be
> really useful!) for it, but hey, it's early days yet!

Things I would love to see us address:

1) Getting missing software into Fedora such as Monotorrent-dbus (will be
needed for the next Banshee), Monsoon, Tasque and Giver
2) Finishing the reviews for the existing Mono packages like the md
additional packages
3) Getting the debug stripper to understand Mono, currently we ship symbols
in the main mono packages which bloats their size a bit
4) Bribing the PPC arch team to help us fix nant so our ppc users can have a
full Mono stack.

I can help with 1. I already have specs for a few of them for my own use.

Let's get one step closer to the one true mono stack.

- David