Why eGroupWare is not in Fedora?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Sep 8 19:27:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 12:17:13PM -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 20:14 +0400, Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus)
> wrote:
> > http://eGroupWare.org
> > It is sponsored by RedHat. Download page present links to src.rpm (from
> > openSUSE buildservice
> > <http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/eGroupWare/> :) ) so
> > I think it is not hard porting for Fedora.
> > Any legal issues? On first look it is GPLv2 and GPLv3. So, why it is not
> > here (I also check reviews in progress)? Or it just wait maintainer and
> > I can try make review request?
> >

> I think it just needs a maintainer/packager.
>
> Feel free to apply for it.

egroupware looks really nice. As did opengroupware before I attempted
packaging it. :/

I'd really like to push some more groupware bits into Fedora and see
which one is the fittest. egroupware does look a bit easier to
package, and if there is interest from more than one person we already
have a packager and a reviewer!

Pavel, do you want to attack this and have me review it?

IIRC correctly there was some attempt in forming a Fedora groupware
SIG. What happened to it?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net