FESCo Meeting Summary for 2008-08-13

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 06:39:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 19:14 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> * FESCo approved the following feature for F10:
>       * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ApplianceTools

I just noticed and read this a little closer... and looked a the meeting
minutes which were... sparse.

This feature involves Fedora actually producing and distributing
something we've never done before, a tarred image for use in a virtual
machine.  That's not your typical "spin" which is an iso format to be
consumed by booting it on hardware, real or fake.  Was any thought or
discussion at all put into the implications of this?  Was releng
consulted about our ability to produce/test this during development
cycles, particularly Beta?  Do we have any thought as to how this would
be advertised to users, and any documentation about how to use it as
well?

Could FESCo maybe take another gander at this feature page and comment
on some of the above issues?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!