Plan for tomorrows (20080910) FESCO meeting

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Sep 10 15:59:53 UTC 2008

>>>>> "RWMJ" == Richard W M Jones <rjones at redhat.com> writes:

RWMJ> In reality this is not the case - we only wish to rebuild a few
RWMJ> common libraries.

I guess its important to know who the "we" is that you're speaking
for, and whether you intend for that set of people to be limited in
some way.  Because I honestly don't see the difference between what
you're proposing and, say, doing something like building KDE (and all
of its attendant libraries and requirements) for Windows.  Besides
scale, of course.  Sure, you have no intention of doing this, but who
can say that nobody else here wants to do so?

 - J<