Boot speedup with readahead

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Sep 11 08:44:51 UTC 2008

Le Jeu 11 septembre 2008 08:41, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :

> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 10 September 2008 at 20:42, Seth Vidal wrote:
>
>>> unless we bite the bullet and stop falling back on being able to do
>>> everything from the rpm interface.
>>
>> -1
>>
>> Fedora doesn't need to go where Suse already is.
>
> Instead of voting, it would be better, if you can explain why it is
> wrong in your opinion.  +1/-1 doesn't really convey much useful
> information to assign any weight in a debate.

Yum has progressed a lot in past years but it is not significantly
better than competitors (as evidenced by the fact rpm distros have not
adopted in in mass) and thus entrenching yum by relying on
yum-specific features feels to me rather premature. Competition is
healthy.

Plus rpm.org has been resurected so there's no compelling reason not
to do stuff at this level.

--
Nicolas Mailhot