what is keeping per-user state outside of user's $HOME ?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 16:20:46 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 7:30 AM, John Ellson <john.ellson at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Are you sure it's not a ConsoleKit interaction making the session think
>> your user isn't at the console?
>>

> Only if ConsoleKit is keeping per user-state.   If I login at the console as
> any other user I get the Lock Screen menu item.

Taking a quick look at the authorizations gui on my F9 system, you can
in fact do grants and blocks for individual users, but I don't see
anything in the list of possible authorization targets which is lock
screen. Rawhide could have added that however.

I still don't understand PolicyKit/ConsoleKit well enough to help you
track it down in the filesystem with 100% confidence.  But I would
suspect that you should look in /var/lib/PolicyKit/ and
/var/lib/PolicyKit-public/   for per-user authorization rules if they
existed.

Hope this helps.

-jef