Plan for tomorrows (20080910) FESCO meeting

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Sep 11 23:29:06 UTC 2008

Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Just to clarify.... the nsis-data package is against the Fedora
> guidelines because it contains binary blobs not compiled from source?

Right.

> The nsis package you have however, as it stands.. would it pass Fedora
> guidelines?

Not really because it doesn't actually work without nsis-data, at least the
installer stubs are needed.

But with the Debian approach (BR the MinGW toolchain and build it completely
from source that way), we could have a fully functional (or almost) native NSIS
(well, as native as NSIS is, it's a cross-tool just like MinGW, the generated
installers are Window$-only), even with plugins, and completely built from
source.

        Kevin Kofler