mass acl opening?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 14:23:04 UTC 2008

Casey Dahlin wrote:
> Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

>>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-August/msg00007.html
>>>

>>> Well, yeah, except that the only part of that which is implemented is
>>> the rename of "cvsextras" to "packager".  Mainly because the big
>>> security thing intervened.  Currently nobody seems to know when the
>>> rest of the process will happen.
>>>

>> Casey,
>>
>> Packager infrastructure is pretty much back now,  when do you want to
>> start the next phase?
>>
>> -Toshio
>>

> We've seeded uberpackager already, and locked out packager, correct?
>
> I'm good with going ahead asap.

So I took a look at locking out packager and realized we'd talked about
several things in this regard.

1) Switching things so uberpackager gets the packager permissions
2) Setting packager to not have permission to commit
3) Locking down the defaults so uberpackager gets permission but
packager does not.
4) Changing the UI so packager doesn't show up as a group to give
permissions to.

These are all ready to go except #4.  Entirely my fault.  I'm going to
be gone today and probably large swathes of the weekend and we're
heading into a mini-freeze for the Fedora 10 Beta so rather than
destabilize things now, I'd like to delay this until after the freeze.

That means, I'll deploy this on our new staging infrastructure and push
it live the middle to later part of next week.

-Toshio