non-responsive maintainer 'misa': mx and pyOpenSSL packages up for adoption

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Sep 15 18:52:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 02:31:33PM +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > I have a patch to fix the mx FTBFS bug which I will apply as soon as
> > > permissions in pkgdb allow, but would like to see these orphaned and
> > > put up for adoption by a loving packager.
> >
> > Can you provide the patch and I'll take it on for now and then when (and
> > if) it's orphaned, I'll do it as one of my packages?
>
> If someone puts me down as the co-maintainer, mx-3.1.1 is ready to roll
> into rawhide!

I move that Paul be allowed to take over the 'mx' package.  I further
request approval from a member of FESCo.

Policy: If at least one FESco member approves the takeover, and no one
         objects within 3 days, you may take over the package.

I also move that pyOpenSSL be orphaned, allowing another willing
packager to take it on.  This requires approval of FESCo.

Policy: It is common for a Fedora contributor to maintain multiple
        packages within Fedora, and the situation may arise where
        multiple packages with a single maintainer need to be
        orphaned. Given that, it would be quite impractical to create
        a bugzilla ticket for each package. In the case where a mass
        orphaning is likely, the above should still be followed
        choosing a single package owned by the potential
        non-responsive developer. However, the formal request to the
        Fedora development mailing list should include all other bug
        reports open on all neglected packages from the same
        maintainer, indicating that the maintainer is indeed
        non-responsive. The Steering Committee can then step in and
        orphan the other packages if necessary.

https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/5 is open to track these
requests.

Thanks,