Pulseaudio : lots of issues, how can I help?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 19:10:02 UTC 2008

Dmitry Butskoy wrote:

>> Probably, because most console users already quit using Fedora,
>
> +1.
>
> And situation is worse than simply loss of a rare segment of the market.
>
> Who are "console users"? Most cases they are users who began for a long
> time ago (when GUI was either poor or unavailable).

Users whose main (only) purpose for the machine is to provide network
services and there is little or no direct console use (firewall, router,
file/email/web/database server, media player etc.).  That is, most of
the things computers are good at.

 > Lacking such "long
> time ago" users, we lack all their skills, knowledge, intuition. And as
> begun for a long time, many of them have already made their career, and
> even make decisions now. Decisions not for Fedora.

Fedora's direction makes it not particularly suited for production
services, but...

> Anyway, while Fedora is (still) considered as "general purpose disto",
> it should has console.

If you are going to do development/testing work for something to be
matched and ready for the 'next' version of enterprise distributions,
what OS should you use if not fedora?

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com