consequences when a feature gets dropped (Re: FESCo Meeting Summary for 2008-09-17)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 18:53:13 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 20:25 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> As mentioned, KDE was just an example.
>
> Or IOW: I'm wondering what new Features we might have no FeaturePage,
> but are nevertheless worth mentioning in the release notes or should get
> testing during QA.

Magic 8-ball says??

Seriously, this is a serve yourself kind of deal here.  If you want your
software tested and lauded, you need to bring it to people's attention.
The amount of churn in Fedora in a daily basis is huge, and trying to
extrapolate feature type information from the builds is no easy task.

If you wished to create some group of people who tried to do this, I
wouldn't stop you, in fact I'd welcome it.  There just isn't anybody
doing it right now.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!