sram card

jude ui u0103a at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 12:50:11 UTC 2008

On 9/19/08, Chaitanya <surya.namuduri at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >I was trying to get a Pretec SRAM  PCMCIA card to be detected on a
> >Fedora 8.
>
> >The module gets loaded correctly and lspci also shows the card.
> >But the pccardctl shows it as "no driver".

>I'm not sure if this is the correct mailing list to contact, please let
>me know if there is another list.

It's okay- you're kindof in the right mailing list- although this is for
development- what you're reporting here is a bug- at least fedora knows
there is a card there (there's the PCMCIA support) Fedora doesn't have a
driver

So what is a "Pretec SRAM  PCMCIA " card - what is it supposed to do?
If its a really special card maybe , fedora isn't  aware that it such a card
exists or needed (others correct me if I'm wrong)
1. First file a bug report (I'm not 100% sure where)
2.Ask someone or check websites for the special driver (like
www.linuxlinks.com)