Fedora not "free" enough for GNU?

Christian Rose menthos at menthos.com
Sun Sep 21 11:33:53 UTC 2008

On 9/21/08, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sep  7, 2008, "Jeff Spaleta" <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > but it seems to be we are trying to be responsive in a way that
>  > makes sense from our project's point of view.
>
> Not trying to be flamy, but...
[...]
>  - the removal of firmware upstream won't take place in linux-2.6.27,
>  which pretty much means kernel.org linux sources won't be stripped off
>  of non-Free bits in time for Fedora 10

As for the other options I don't know, but in my book, long-term
actions, especially ones involving architectural changes, are still
actions, even though they may not be ready in time for the very next
release. So I don't think anyone should be blamed for them not being
ready in the next release already.

Christian