Pulseaudio : lots of issues, how can I help?

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Tue Sep 23 17:05:25 UTC 2008

On Tue, 23.09.08 17:40, Olivier Galibert (galibert at pobox.com) wrote:

> > I know. But ALSA hides that in a library, so you never have to deal
> > with these ugly details. Ain't that great?
>
> Depends on the library.  In ALSA's case, it's a particularly badly
> designed one, annoyingly enough.  As an API, OSS is better.

I know both APIs very very well. Probably much better than most
people. I have been using features of both APIs that apparently noone
ever used before me. PA probably uses a larger part of the ALSA API
than any other client. And from that experience I can say that while
ALSA has issues it certainly gets much much more right than OSS ever
did.

But anyway. We have to agree to disagree. This discussion is
pointless. Let's end this here.

Lennart