No dynamic groups in PackageKit

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 17:58:20 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 19:52 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Just wondering and making sure I get this right: What exactly do you
> mean by "changed" in the latter sentence?
>
> (1) just use the same ids and description and list only the packages
> from RPM Fusion in the rpmfusion comps.xml files
>
> (2) import the whole comps.xml stuff from Fedora, keep it in sync and
> add the RPM Fusion packages
>
> I suppose you meant (1)?

I think I misspoke on the translation side, that likely doesn't matter.
James gave a better description of what happened.

I'd recommend using 1 if you want your packages to show up along side
other Fedora packages in the same groups.

I think this doesn't solve an issue where you add the Livna repo at
install time in anaconda, as there may still be a bug that the group
memberships don't get re-evaluated when a new repo is added, so the
livna group members may not be added to the install list.  That's just a
bug though and could probably be fixed.

>  > [...]
>
> CU
> knurd
>
> P.S.: Why the heck hasn't anybody told me the above when I asked for a
> better way to fix the mess livna created a few months ago?

I'd have to dig through IRC logs, but I'm pretty sure I stated exactly
what you did in #1, along the lines of "either use the same
name/description as Fedora proper does, or use your own group names".
It seemed to me that livna chose the latter and the problem was
"solved".

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!