Tried Pulse Audio Again--No Good For A11y

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 24 18:35:11 UTC 2008

Dan Williams wrote:
> Are you sure?  I was just watching somebody try to use RDP to a Windows
> Server 2008 box this weekend and it blanked out the first login and only
> allowed the second login direct access.  I could be wrong and maybe he
> configured it wrong, but I though Windows only allowed one _active_
> login at a time, and suspended the other remote sessions.

I fired up two instances of krdc (on separate monitors, great having
more than one ;-) ), logged into the same (W2k3) machine as the same
(local) user, started a Cygwin session on each, and ran:
$ for f in `seq 100 200` ; do sleep 0.1 ; echo $f ; done
(I used `seq 500 600` for the other one)

...and watched both of them spit out numbers at the same time. It's not
exactly full-motion video, but it was certainly timesharing two active
login sessions as the same user. I'm not sure what else you're looking
for, but it sure seems to me that it works just fine.

Oh, and I also fired up Xephyr, dropped an xterm in it, and ran
'startkde'... as I write this, I have two KDE desktop sessions running
(one nested) as the same user.

I have yet to see a single good reason (other than "because stripping
advanced functionality is the Gnome way") not to support multiple X
sessions as the same user.

--
Matthew
I was recently amused by issuing 'rm -rf $KDEDIR'... from Konsole, while