unfrozen repo somewhere?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Sep 26 20:24:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:59:45 -0700,
  Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 12:56 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > I have something working to get this stuff now, but would prefer to be pulling
> > from mirrors.
>
> Unfortunately these repos A) change on an hourly basis, depending on
> builds done in the tags, and B) are not multilib.  It makes them
> somewhat less desirable for mass consumption and mirroring.

Even mirrors of the rpms could be useful. My current process involves grabbing
rpms that aren't in the latest rawhide and creating repo information on
my end. I am experimenting with a hack for multilib that doesn't pull
in the same mix as mash does. Currently I am using 'provides' information.
If I really want everything that is i386 specific I need to look at the
files, but that would be slower and I haven't actually needed the missing
stuff yet.

> What we may eventually do is compose out two rawhide like trees during
> freezes.  One that is the freeze content, another that is the unfrozen
> content.  The logistics of this haven't been explored too much, mostly
> due to lack of resources to realize it.

This sounds like a good idea if you get the people time and mirrors are
OK with carrying it.

It also hurt that this time around the beta freeze was especially long.