Please recompile GStreamer codecs -- AKA: how to make things just work with PackageKit

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Sep 30 16:20:14 UTC 2008

On 30.09.2008 13:31, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Thorsten Leemhuis
> <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
>> On 30.09.2008 12:52, Richard Hughes wrote:
>>> I've been playing with the new code in PackageKit for codec installing
>>> with external repos. It was a little disappointed to find some external
>>> repos have not recompiled packages with a new gstreamer-devel and rpm.
>> Be sure to not check repos that will be EOL real soon now, as a few package
>> maintainers already stopped updating their packages there; look at the
>> successor repos. Instruction how to use those repos easily were just posted
>> yesterday:
 >
> Ahh, thanks. I'll try those now. In some places he repo files mention:
> download.rpmfusion.org --
> shouldn't that be download1.rpmfusion.org?
>
> Also, http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/development/x86_64/debug/repodata/repomd.xml
> doesn't seem to exist.

Both issues fixed; new release-rpms in the repo; the old ones got
deleted, thus eveyone please use this command to get the repo files from
now on:

===

== rawhide ==

rpm -ivh
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm

== Fedora 8 and 9  ==

rpm -ivh
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm

===

The plan is to let those symbolic links on the server side always point
to the latest release-rpms. But I have to create those links manually
each time something changes -- so if I forget that then please just let
me know by mail. tia!

Cu
knurd