fc10 files in Fedora beta DVD

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 2 08:20:03 UTC 2009

TC> On 04/01/2009 02:14 PM, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
>> after mass rebuild why some packages still have fc10 in their names ?

TC> Those would be all the packages that failed the mass rebuild. A lot of
TC> those java packages are unmaintained, if memory serves.

I've been meaning to ask, what are the consequences in terms of the
rpm format etc. for packages that didn't pass the mass rebuild (for
whatever reason, oftentimes GCC 4.4 problems)?

I thought one of the reasons for the mass rebuild was because of the
changes to rpm and the RPM format.  Will the older packages -fc10 (or
even -fc11 if built before the rpm change) built with the older rpm,
install properly for example?

Also are the mass-rebuild status pages still being updated?

http://jkeating.fedorapeople.org/failed-f11-rebuilds.html
http://jkeating.fedorapeople.org/needed-f11-rebuilds.html

and what is the difference between them?  It seems that the latter
list is longer (184 vs. 124) and I'm quite sure why.

Alex