No sound with fc11b

Dr. Diesel dr.diesel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 21:41:00 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Louis E Garcia II <louisg00 at bellsouth.net>wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 16:12 -0400, Louis E Garcia II wrote:
> > Just install f11 beta and have no sound at all. Worked with f10 fine.
> > This is and intel core duo laptop. I have no idea were to begin
> > debugging. Any thoughts?
> >
> > -Thanks
>
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
> Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
>
> I've updated today and still can't get sound. I've played with the new
> palseaudio widet but sound was not muted. The mic seems to pickup sound
> but no playback.

Way back in F7 or so I had to do the following to get my ICH7 sound to work:

Editing /etc/modprobe.conf

options snd-hda-intel index=0

to read:

options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=3stac

But that same Laptop on F10 today does not need that work-a-round, at least
for me.

Give it a shot but I'm betting it will not help.

--
projecthuh.com
All of my bits are free, are yours?  Fedoraproject.org