Looking for reviews swaps

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Apr 7 14:34:41 UTC 2009

Le Mar 7 avril 2009 16:07, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :

> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>>
>> So please do not drag Fedora fonts in your argument.
>
> Why not? OFL has similar requirements about not selling it as
> separately
> as the game data requirements that Ralf objects to.

I don't think the level of separation is the same.

OFL says "with any software", without qualifying the software
complexity (a court would probably agree a 3-line script is
"software").

Vera says "a larger software package" but the people in charge
published a clarification that a simple standalone package meets the
requirements.

This license says "as part of a larger & possibly commercial software
distribution (such as a Linux distribution or magazine coverdisk)"

This seems a much higher bar to meet to me. A linux distro or magazine
coverdisk is usually hundreds of megs of other stuff if not more.

However IIRC we have some non-modifiable "content" in the distro,
which is clearly not free at all. This would have been a better
example to take IMHO.

--
Nicolas Mailhot