UEFI Compatibility Issues in Fedora 10

jonathan barkelew jonathanb at ami.com
Tue Apr 7 16:17:35 UTC 2009

> I had gotten this fixed upstream, committed in the 2.6.29-rc8 kernel.
efi_ioremap was broken.
> This should also be in the latest rawhide kernel.

I will be testing the rawhide kernel this Thursday as part of the
testing day.
I'll let you know whether I still see the problem.

> I had not tested the efi_ioremap fixes with kexec. I would appreciate
testing feedback if you have any (test with kernel >= 2.6.29-rc8)

Honestly, I don't know what's involved in testing kexec, but I'll give
this a shot too on testing day.

If you could send your patches, that would be great. I'd like to see
what method you employed to fix it.

Thanks.
- Jonathan