Re: My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta
From: Shawn Starr <sstarr platform com>
To: Development discussions related to Fedora <fedora-devel-list redhat com>
Date: 04/07/2009 03:47 PM

You could have also rebooted and booted into runlevel 3 to edit xorg.conf :-)

A.K.A. "You could have also rebooted and booted into Safe Mode[1] to change your display settings."

What I don't understand is that X.org feels X should no longer need an xorg.conf file, yet here we are with a case that will require many to keep an xorg.conf file for the rest of time.

Also, why should I have to restart X to enable or disable this functionality? Shouldn't an authorized user be allowed to set the DontZap option at run time? Why am I having to write so many questions?

[1] Microsoft Windows (tm)