Re: My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

If you use the System -> Preferences -> Display tool to set up your dual
head mode, every time you log in and those monitors are present your
settings will be used at log in time, no need to save it to an xorg
file.

Display tool would only list one monitor.

The window manager problems seem to be related to "desktop effects" being
set but failing when I added a video card. Manually starting metacity in
a new X session before losing focus on my terminal , and then going through
the menus to disable desktop effects seemed to work.

Now the only problem is that most apps only startup in Screen0, and I cannot
drag anything from Screen0 to Screen1.

Paul