Re: A program in Python to get Source RPM's from cvs

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Seth Vidal wrote:

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Paty Constantino wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a program in Python, which for now is taking an application name and gives you the corresponding source rpm, if
you run the program the first thing that will appear is this:

Here's the equivalent using the yum modules:

import yum
import rpmUtils.miscutils

my = yum.YumBase()
my.conf.cache = 1
p = my.pkgSack.searchNevra(name='yum')[0]
print rpmUtils.miscutils.splitFilename(p.sourcerpm)

that should give you a tuple of name, ver, release, arch

also see yumdownloader --source

one more thing - if you're going to be accessing the rpmdb and/or opening up local pkgs - you might consider using the yum python interface to do that as yum handles a lot of cases you'll eventually run into in rpm-python.

-sv