Re: My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

/me tried to stay aways from this discussion, but now I bite

On 08.04.2009 08:55, Ankur Sinha wrote:
On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 08:39 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
David wrote:
Sorry Paul. But it does not look like, from what I read here, that there
will be a vote on this.
And that's exactly what we're complaining about.
It looks very clear to me that the majority either wants Ctrl+Alt+BkSp
enabled by default or doesn't care either way. Only very few people have
ever accidentally triggered it.
I haven't ever triggered it "accidently" till date.

I have. Multiple times actually. And I don't even know how emaxs is spelled or what it actually is.

Any yes, I missed it myself already now and then since I updated to rawhide. But I'm nevertheless glad it's gone.

But whatever: Mailing lists are not a good place to voting about "enabling or disabling Ctrl+Alt+BkSp". Only two of the several reasons:

- subscribers to lists like fedora-devel are quite different from ordinary users

- we never know how many people agree or disgree but don't reply

So we will never get any reliable data by a discussion or voting like this. Even a voting by all those that are registered in FAS would not help, as the problems would be similar.

CU
knurd