Re: review request for libpst

Carl Byington <carl five-ten-sg com> writes:
> Thanks to everyone for their comments. Thinking about this dependency
> from the main libpst package to the -libs subpackage, it seems that we
> should have

> Requires: %{name}-libs >= %{version}-%{release}

> in the main package.

I think the standard recommendation is to use a requires like this with
"=", not ">=", to bind together different subpackages.  It's almost
never a good idea to let non-matching subpackages be installed together
... unless you would like to take on the burden of testing all such
combinations to see if they work.

There is a packaging guideline about this IIRC.  Have you read
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines

			regards, tom lane