Re: What is up with glibc in rawhide?

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 13:31:22 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl redhat com> wrote:
Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev redhat com> writes:
On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 12:44:45 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl redhat com> wrote:

I did not know that glibc was "broken" until you mentioned it.
Everything works just fine... except Emacs apparently.

And mysql, and perhaps rpm according to Panu, and we know not what else
that has not got thorough regression tests executed as part of its build.

Indeed, rpm breakage sounds pretty bad.

In this case the breakage was bad enough I seriously doubt anybody has managed to build anything with rpm using the broken glibc.i586 versions. Rpm fails to even read its configuration in that case, never mind actually building something.

	- Panu -