Re: Any plans to upgrade radeonhd to 1.2.5 (DRI enabled) for Fedora 11?

On Apr 12, 2009, at 7:38 PM, Dave Airlie wrote:

On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 20:52 -0700, Otto Rey wrote:
I know that maybe it's to late, but: any plans to upgrade radeonhd to 1.2.5 (latest upstream release, DRI enabled) for Fedora 11?

I'd prefer people didn't run radeonhd if at all possible, unless you
need HDMI audio there is no reason to run it, and you are diluting the
testing base for Fedora by not running the shipping radeon driver.

Really? Why? I thought the radeonhd was to replace radeon eventually? Built off the released specs from AMD/ATI, whereas the radeon driver was a reverse engineered driver without docs? Am I on crack? After seeing this and thinking I was using radeonhd I looked at my x log messages which show RADEON(x), so I guess I'm using that now anyway, but a bit confused...